The four key criticisms that threaten the implementation of Positive Education, as voiced frequently by teachers, are:
- Positive Education appears as another subject which needs additional time and effort to learn and then teach in an already crowded curriculum
- Playworks® because teachers are able to see strategies to immediately apply Positive Psychology to their already positive teaching work.
- A traditional classroom approach is limited in its ability to engage all students in this behemoth called Positive Education
- Playworks® because of its universal accessibility and ease to engage with
- Students can begin to struggle at ‘wellbeing’, when the lesson is presented as yet another subject they need to pass
- Playworks® because participants learn as they do and process their experience which supports their classwork.
- ‘Positive Education’ is an umbrella term that includes Mindset, Mindfulness, Character Strengths, Grit, Flow , Appreciative Inquiry, Self Determination Theory, Gratitude, mind body awareness. That’s a huge amount to take in at one shot!
- Playworks® trainings work because participants are not overloaded, we teach core concepts and Playworks Oz trained facilitators choose activities that best serve their clients requirements.
Play is universally engaging, it creates a safe learning environment for students to fail, it is highly flexible and delivers immediate feedback. Playworks® Oz helps their clients to keep concepts of Positive Psychology relevant and applicable. Dr. Stuart Brown, Author of ‘Play’,
It [play] is a biological drive as integral to our health as sleep or nutrition. We are designed by nature to flourish through play.
It is just one more reason Playworks®.
Contact us for more information regarding ‘Serious Playworks®‘